Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Firsthoughts, I suppose...

Hm.

I was thinking about keeping one of these but didn't decide to until the millionth person asked me if I was planning on keeping one while studying in Turkey this semester. Figured that I might as well...not so much for the imaginary multitudes of readers (snort!) as for my own desire to express whatever it is that I may experience there. Mmm...and I suppose that it will be easier to give people the link to this blog than to update everyone individually. So! It does indeed make sense to keep a blog. :)

I leave in...what, 6 days now, isn't it? Sheesh...the excited that I've been feeling is getting wriggled-ly replaced by fear...well, maybe fear isn't the right word...nervousness, perhaps. I am nervous. I do not know what on earth living in Istanbul for 4 months will be like. I'm glad that I at least have a university to attend while I'm there. Thank heaven for study abroad.

For those of you who don't know, I'm attending Boğaziçi University in Istanbul, Turkey for the fall semester. Also, since it is the very last semester of my undergrad (hoorah!), I intend to spend the following two months backpacking. If I live frugally enough while in Turkey to afford it, that is. Right now, I'm really just trying to think of everything I need--and don't need--to take with me for the trip. I'm open to suggestions... :)

Anyhoo...going to buzz away and continue errands...need a backpacking backpack...Cumberland Transit, here I come!! :)

xoxo

3 comments:

  1. 'Firsthoughts' - I am fan of this combination of words. I enjoy how the 't' is shared. It makes my heart happy.

    I have a pit bull puppy named 'Animus' and when I say 'Animus sit', he looks at me like I'm not speaking English... He'll only sit if I say 'Animusit'.
    Get it? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why thank you! :)

    (But I'm not sure who you are...all the post says is "C" ...)
    :/

    ReplyDelete
  3. fare thee well and God go with you tomorrow and all the days that follow. Aunt Carroll

    ReplyDelete