Monday, September 13, 2010

Last moments at the edge of a cliff.

I love epic blog titles. Or movie titles. Or book titles. Etc.

It is, however, appropriate. Today is my very last day, and I'm beginning to really freak...nervous nervous nervous. I feel confident that everything will work out just fine and all, it's just that it's all so different...phew! This is going to be a roller coaster ride.

A little worried about switching airports in New York--yes, the bleepity bleeps are making me switch from LaGuardia to JFK--but that's more because of the price than anything else. Anyone know anyone with a car in NYC? I'll pay for a riiiiidddeeee!! :D Ha ha...

I'm checking and double-checking lists, but I'm not sure what to really ask myself. "What do I need" seems the most appropriate question, but "need" for what? What do I need for studying abroad? What do I need for a life-changing experience? What do I need to study? What do I need to have fun? What do I need to discover myself? What do I need?? What am I needing it FOR?

Then again, this is always the question that I feel we are asking ourselves: what do I need from this moment, this day, this week, this year, person, job, life? What do I, as a feeling, thinking, loving, struggling, laughing, crying phantasm of the imagination of some great prince or pauper NEED? James will ask me this sometimes: "Kate, what do you need?" How often do we ask ourselves this? How often do we allow ourselves to actually know? I feel that we always can know if we look deeply enough, but we often fear to look so deeply. Who knows what we may find along the way?

What do I need? Suggestions? :)

Love,

-Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment